Tuesday, July 31, 2012

In love with Chocolate...


Chocolate, was the perfect name for you. You lived up to it to the T. You were brown and sweet and put a smile on anyone’s face you knew. We have had many dogs, but you were the best of them all. You were kind, gentle, loving and you made “dad” fall in love with you, which is a big big deal since you are the only dog he’s ever loved. I am stubborn and hard headed, Chinnu is arrogant and impatient, but you, you were the good one of the family, the special one. Mom and dad were always so proud of you.

I cannot believe you are gone, Choco. I will miss your furry four legs bounding down the stairs when you hear me come home, I will miss the look on your face that said “What! You are leaving! So soon.. noooooo, come here I will lick you some more”. I will miss kissing your stupid lil button nose every time I left the house. And I will miss telling everyone what a weirdly great “vegetarian loving” dog you are! The pigeons and crows who ate from your bowl (and you patiently let them eat to their fill) now hanker around looking for you.


I can still feel the soft velvet of your paw, the tickle of whiskers, that warm rasp of tongue as you decided I needed a bath. I miss the gentle rumble of your purr, the comfort of snuggle times, the silkiness of your fur. Here I sit looking at pictures of you, and then remember how you hated a bath, that you loved tomatoes, and boiled vegetables was your idea of heaven. I just can’t get you out of my head. I feel the tears start, and I try to tell myself that you're okay. Yes, I say, there are warm breezes, sunshine, butterflies, and green grass where you are. The other dogs are there with you, so you're not completely alone, wandering and wondering. I hope you're running through the water you so dearly loved to play in here. 

If I could, I would reverse time, so we could once again share the happiness and love. I wish you had stayed till little Ks were born. I always wondered how you would behave with the babies around. You would be the perfect godmother, protecting them and letting them sleep on your belly and pull your tail. They would have grown to love dogs and you would be their first love. I can barely see through my tears to write this. You brought light, life and joy to me. I cherish the memories of your love and trust. One day, we will all be together in the sunshine, warm breezes, and green meadows. Until that time, you are missed....and loved....always loved.

This is for you:

Remember the time when you were so small
you couldn't even pick up the rubber ball.
You fought that ball from morning to night
it made us laugh, you were quite a sight.


Remember teaching you to sit and stay
we had such fun since you didn't really obey.
But you kept at it with test after test
and proved to us that you were the best.


Remember the great times we had in the past
like when we played hide-n-seek on the terrace, we had a blast.
We'd run and play all through the noon
until the sun went down and it always got dark so soon.


We'll always love you; you were our best friend
we’ll be right with you even to the end.
Always remember the great times we had
and there will be no reason to ever be sad.


P.S: Rest in peace Choco, no more pain.


1 comment:

Scribbles..